Children and teens belong with their own families whenever possible. KVC works to safely reintegrate hundreds of families each year by providing parenting skills training, therapy and other support.
Caring People Needed
On any given day, KVC Kansas provides out-of-home care for thousands of youth. Relatives, non-related kin like teachers and neighbors, and foster families are all critical to providing temporary care for these children and teens.
- Get Involved
Your Help Matters
There are many large and small ways you can still lend a hand. Regardless of your size of gift, know that each caring touch makes a big difference in the lives of others.
- About Us
About KVC Kansas
KVC Kansas is a private, nonprofit organization that serves over 15,000 children and adults each year. Our team of professionals provides family strengthening and preventative services, parent training, foster care case management, family reunification services, foster family recruitment and support, adoption, aftercare, outpatient therapy and more.
We envision a world in which every person is safe and connected to a strong family and a healthy community.
We are thankful for the many people who support our mission of enriching and enhancing the lives of children and families. Thank you for being involved as a foster or adoptive parent, donor, volunteer, team member, partner, or advocate.
Here are materials to assist you with advocating for children and families:
Infographic on the Kansas Child Welfare System
This two-sided infographic explains three complex problems: a large increase in children in foster care, decreasing safe placement options and rising costs, and ongoing workforce challenges. It also shows the top solutions we are implementing or advocating to quickly address these challenges.
KVC Kansas Annual Impact One-Pager
This one-pager uses a graphic approach to convey the many ways we strengthen Kansas children and families each year.
KVC Kansas Key Messages
This contains high-level, positive messages about KVC Kansas’ mission and impact.
- More About KVC Kansas and Its Performance on Federal Outcomes
- Too Many Children in Foster Care: KVC Kansas Shares Challenges and Solutions [Infographic]
- A Fast, Proven Way to Strengthen the Kansas Child Welfare Workforce
- Why Child Welfare Privatization Made Kansas a National Leader
- How KVC Kansas Is Supporting and Retaining Its Child Welfare Staff
- Answers to FAQs: Understanding KVC Kansas’ Role in the Kansas Child Welfare System
- Children Need Families | An Open Letter from KVC Kansas President Danielle Bartelli to KVC Team
- How We Can Improve the Child Welfare System as a Community