Caring People Needed
- Get Involved
Your Help Matters
- About Us
About KVC Kansas
As we prepare for the 2022-23 school year, KVC wants to ensure that each child in our care is fully prepared when they return to school in the fall. Over the summer months, we invite you to extend a helping hand to children in your local community by donating new backpacks, pens, pencils, calculators, binders and more to your local KVC office!
By donating a backpack filled with new school supplies, you are giving a child the best possible start to a successful school year! We ask that all donations be turned in by July 31.
We need your help to provide basic school supplies for children in foster care in our community including:
- Sturdy Backpacks
- Pencil Bag
- Blue pens
- Black pens
- Red pens
- 3-ring binder (2 inch)
- Pocket folders
- Packs of loose-leaf paper
- Composition Book
- Spiral notebooks
- Colored pencils
- 24 count crayons
- Bottle of glue
- Glue sticks
- Index Cards
- Hand Sanitizer
Ways to help:
- Fill a backpack with all the supplies listed!
- See a good deal and stock up on one or two items- we will sort and fill back backs for you!
- Donate gift cards for uniforms or supplies not listed
- Use this link to have items shipped directly to KVC from our Amazon wish list!
To learn more, contact a Community Resource Specialist at a KVC office near you:
- Lance Wilson, firstname.lastname@example.org – Topeka, Hiawatha & Lawrence area
- Brandy Bartlett, email@example.com – Olathe, KCK & Ottawa area
- Victoria White, firstname.lastname@example.org – Pitt, Chanute & Indy area
- Kimber Johannsen, email@example.com – Wichita area
The needs of children and families are countless, and KVC could not provide school supplies for every child currently in foster care without individual, community and corporate support and contributions.
As you make the decision to participate, please know that by donating a backpack with school supplies, you are providing positive memories in a difficult time for a child. Gather your friends, co-workers, neighbors, book club, or church group and host a donation drive! Ask friends and family to donate the supplies and have a backpack filling party to prepare backpacks for children in your community.
We know the summer months are a busy time, so if you don’t have time to shop, please consider helping by making an online donation noted for the back-to-school supply drive, and our volunteers will do the shopping for you! Rest assured that all designated donations will go directly towards purchasing school supplies for children and youth in foster care.