- About Us
Children and teens belong with their own families whenever possible. KVC works to safely reintegrate hundreds of families each year by providing parenting skills training, therapy and other support.
Caring People Needed
On any given day, KVC Kansas provides out-of-home care for over 3,800 youth. Relatives, non-related kin like teachers and neighbors, and foster families are all critical to providing temporary care for these children and teens.
- Get Involved
Your Help Matters
There are many large and small ways you can still lend a hand. Regardless of your size of gift, know that each caring touch makes a big difference in the lives of others.
All children deserve a safe, loving home. Unfortunately, there are times when parents cannot fully meet a child’s needs and it becomes necessary to temporarily remove the child from that home. It is usually in a child’s best interests to be reintegrated into his or her birth home as promptly as possible after the family stabilizes. When it is in the child’s best interest to return home, KVC leads the state in ensuring children are reintegrated into their home within 12 months.
When a court decides parents are not able to meet the safety and care needs of the child, KVC works to find relatives of the child who are able to care for the child or matches children with adoptive forever families.
Last year, KVC helped 1,030 children safely reunite with their 634 families after being in foster care.
Reunification Success Stories
- Single Mom Gains Confidence, Learns Healthy Skills in Order to Reunite Family [VIDEO]
- KVC Helps Safely Reunite Hundreds of Kansas Families After Foster Care
- More Families Being Reunified in Kansas Following Foster Care
- Overcoming Addiction: Parents Work Hard to Safely Reunite With Daughters After Foster Care [VIDEO]
- Family Reunification Month Honors Parents Who Overcame Challenges
- Single Father Works Hard to Safely Reunite Family [VIDEO]
- Parents Embrace Change, Safely Reunite with Daughters After Foster Care [VIDEO]
- Kansas Intensive Permanency Program (KIPP) Safely Reunites Mother and Son [VIDEO]
- The Daniels Family’s Reunification Story [VIDEO]
- Kansas Mother Works Hard to be Reunited with Her Children [VIDEO]
- Share your reunification story