Each day, KVC touches the lives of thousands of Kansas children and families. This broad impact is due to KVC’s role as a lead agency with the Kansas Department for Children and Families. We care for half of all children in the state child welfare system; or 3,100+ on any given day.
- 9,595 children and adults received family preservation services
- 1,030 children safely reunited with their 634 families after being in foster care
- 333 children matched with adoptive families last year
- 2,844 children matched with adoptive families since 2005
- 1,741 children received aftercare support services following family reunification or adoption
- 4,951 children cared for by KVC foster families
- 909 children and adults received outpatient behavioral health services