If you are looking for a way to give back but aren’t sure where to start, consider making a difference in the life of a child by becoming a KVC Volunteer! When you choose to volunteer with KVC, you will be the catalyst for change in your community and help the thousands of children and families we serve. We are always looking for volunteers to help with programs, events and other fulfilling opportunities!
Some of our current volunteer opportunities include:
- Providing child care and activities during foster parent trainings quarterly for two hours in Leavenworth, Lawrence, Olathe, Kansas City, Ottawa, Paola, Topeka and Wichita.
- Helping assemble foster parent manuals, filing documents, and assisting with other office work during business hours Monday through Friday.
- Assisting in grassroots marketing efforts to recruit foster parents.
- Organizing our kids’ closet and filling it with donations we receive each quarter. We currently need help at our Wichita and Pittsburg closets!
- Planning celebrations throughout the year. Volunteers help with event set-up, clean-up, serve food and provide fun entertainment at foster family events, back to school and holiday parties.
- Coordinating donation drives to help provide needed items to children in foster care. Click here to view the list of items we currently need.
All KVC Volunteer’s must:
- Agree to abide by all KVC Volunteer Policies including KVC’s Volunteer Consent
- Preserve the confidentiality of our clients including names, ages, and other personal information as outlined by KVC’s Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Policy
- Follow KVC’s Policy Statement on Discipline
- Be willing to consent to all appropriate background checks including, but not limited to, the Kansas Bureau of Investigation and Child Abuse and Neglect Central Registry. All KVC Volunteers must pay for their background checks which are a minimum of $30.
- In order to preserve confidentiality of our clients, all volunteers must be 18 years or older to be a KVC Volunteer. Some opportunities are available for 15-17 year olds when accompanied by another adult who is also a KVC Volunteer with permission of the KVC Volunteer Coordinator.
The Community Resource internship will focus on volunteer management and development within a nonprofit organization. There will be exposure to protecting confidentiality of clients, event planning, fundraising, soliciting donations, community outreach, communication, and working with our volunteer database.
If you are interested in completing an internship with KVC Kansas’ Community Resource Team, please complete the KVC Kansas Internship Application and return it to Stacy Yowell, 21350 W. 153rd Street, Olathe, Kansas 66061.
Practicum opportunities are available for Bachelor’s in Social Work, Psychology, Sociology, Family Studies and Human Services as well as Master’s level Social Work, Mental Health, Counseling and Psychology. If you wish to find out more about completing a practicum with KVC please send your resume, cover letter and internship requirements to Stacy Yowell at email@example.com.