- About Us
Children and teens belong with their own families whenever possible. KVC works to safely reintegrate hundreds of families each year by providing parenting skills training, therapy and other support.
Caring People Needed
On any given day, KVC Kansas provides out-of-home care for over 3,800 youth. Relatives, non-related kin like teachers and neighbors, and foster families are all critical to providing temporary care for these children and teens.
- Get Involved
Your Help Matters
There are many large and small ways you can still lend a hand. Regardless of your size of gift, know that each caring touch makes a big difference in the lives of others.
If you are looking for a way to give back but aren’t sure where to start, consider making a difference in the life of a child by becoming a KVC Volunteer! When you choose to volunteer with KVC, you will be the catalyst for change in your community and help the thousands of children and families we serve. We are always looking for volunteers to help with programs, events and other fulfilling experiences!
Some of our current volunteer opportunities include:
- Providing child care and activities during foster parent trainings in Leavenworth, Lawrence, Olathe, Kansas City, Ottawa, Topeka and Wichita.
- Helping assemble foster parent manuals, filing documents, and assisting with other office work during business hours Monday through Friday.
- Assisting in grassroots marketing efforts to recruit foster parents.
- Organizing our kids’ closet and filling it with donations we receive.
- Planning celebrations throughout the year. Volunteers help with event set-up, clean-up, serve food and provide fun entertainment at foster family events, back to school and holiday parties.
- Providing meals for first-time foster placements.
- Coordinating donation drives to help provide needed items to children in foster care. Click here to view the list of items we currently need.
All KVC Volunteer’s must:
- Agree to abide by all KVC Volunteer Policies including KVC’s Volunteer Consent
- Preserve the confidentiality of our clients including names, ages, and other personal information as outlined by KVC’s Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Policy
- Follow KVC’s Policy Statement on Discipline
- Be willing to consent to all appropriate background checks including, but not limited to, the Kansas Bureau of Investigation and Child Abuse and Neglect Central Registry.
- In order to preserve confidentiality of our clients, all volunteers must be 18 years or older to be a KVC Volunteer. Some opportunities are available for 14-17 year olds when accompanied by another adult who is also a KVC Volunteer with permission of the KVC Volunteer Coordinator.
Practicum opportunities are available for Bachelor’s in Social Work, Psychology, Sociology, Family Studies and Human Services as well as Master’s level Social Work, Mental Health, Counseling, Psychology and more. Click here to find out more about completing an internship/practicum with KVC.