Every day children are abused and neglected across the U.S. Here are ten ways you can help prevent child abuse.
- Be a nurturing parent.
- Help another parent-a neighbor, friend or relative.
- Take time out for yourself and de-stress when necessary.
- Use positive discipline and patience.
- Monitor your child’s media intake.
- Learn the signs of abuse and understand abuse and neglect.
- Advocate for children and families. Encourage your elected representative to support policies to ensure the health and well-being of children and families.
- Volunteer in your community.
- Promote programs in school.
- Report suspected abuse or neglect
For more information, visit the National Child Abuse Prevention website.