- About Us
Children and teens belong with their own families whenever possible. KVC works to safely reintegrate hundreds of families each year by providing parenting skills training, therapy and other support.
Caring People Needed
On any given day, KVC Kansas provides out-of-home care for over 3,800 youth. Relatives, non-related kin like teachers and neighbors, and foster families are all critical to providing temporary care for these children and teens.
- Get Involved
Your Help Matters
There are many large and small ways you can still lend a hand. Regardless of your size of gift, know that each caring touch makes a big difference in the lives of others.
Meet a Need
Children and families served by KVC have constant needs. To efficiently meet those needs, we provided a list below of items that are in high need throughout the year. Whether you are an individual shopping for a child’s Christmas gift or a church or major corporation meeting the needs of many, no gift is too small or too large.
- Full size shampoo/conditioner
- Body wash/soap
- Body splash or lotions
- Hair brushes/combs
- Toothbrushes and toothpaste
- Pajamas of all sizes
- Teddy bear or other stuffed animals
- Blankets (baby blankets and tie blankets for older kids)
- Baby wipes
- Gift certificates for gas, oil changes, and household items like laundry detergent, dish soap, and toilet paper for foster families
- New duffel bags for children to carry their personal belongings
- Books, toys and coloring books for families to enjoy while visiting in the office
- Outdoor toys including basketballs, soccer balls, baseballs, volleyballs, kick balls, footballs, frisbees, bubbles, and chalk
- One-piece swimsuits, swim trunks and flip flops
- Warm-weather clothing including shorts, tanks, and sandals
- New books for elementary through high school readers
- Calculators for school
- School clothes, gift cards to purchase school uniforms from Wal-Mart
- Gloves, hats, scarves, and new coats of all sizes
- Fuzzy blankets
- Winter clothing including sweatshirts, pants, jackets, and more
Please click here to contact Emily Wheeler at firstname.lastname@example.org or 913-444-2093 to coordinate a donation drop off at your local KVC office!