Each year on Valentine’s Day, hundred of flowers, candy and cards are exchanged between loved once. It is estimated that:
- 224 million roses are grown specifically for Valentine’s Day
- $1.6 billion will be spent on candy
- 6 million people will propose
- 151 million cards will be exchanged
- $4.4 billion will be spent on diamonds, gold and silver
This year for Valentine’s Day, also think about the children in foster care who would enjoy a gift from the heart. For ideas on how you can help, visit the Meet a Needs page or contact your local Community Resource Specialist.