One of KVC Kansas’ greatest needs is for foster parents of teenagers. To help bring awareness to how great teens can be, here is a list of why everyone should foster teens.
- Teens can communicate their thoughts and feelings.
- Teens are sensitive and resilient.
- Teens understand technology and can teach adults.
- Teens are responsible for many of their own needs.
- Teens don’t require a babysitter.
- You can be the one who helps a teen achieve their dreams and see it in real time.
- Teens don’t require diapers.
- Teens sleep through the night and then some.
- Teens can drive you places. No carpools required.
- Everyone deserves to be someone special and have a family.
- You don’t have to wait 5 or 10 years to see if teens remember what you taught them. Instant gratification.
- Teens will move out and leave home sooner.
- Teens don’t require bedtimes stories.
- You can serve as a positive role model and help a teen navigate the road to adulthood.
- Teens can share their knowledge and talents with you.
Click here to learn more about how to become a foster parent in Kansas or contact your local Community Resource Specialist. If fostering isn’t right for you but you are still interested in changing the life of a teenager, find out how you can help by donating or volunteering for KVC.