All families go through tough times
Families often face tremendous challenges that are difficult to overcome unless they have support from caring professionals. Too often, they don’t know where to turn.
KVC provides a path toward hope and healing through crisis management, in-home therapy and skill-building, and connecting family needs with community resources.
KVC helps families stay together using evidence-based interventions. Our Family Preservation Services are focused on stabilizing the family, helping children remain safely in their homes, and improving the long-term wellbeing of both children and families.
How we help
KVC provides Family Preservation Services across 30 counties throughout the Kansas Department for Children and Families’ (DCF) Kansas City and East Regions.
At-risk families are referred to KVC by the Kansas Department for Children and Families. Family Preservation Services are designed for the unique needs of each family and are provided in-home where all members can participate.
KVC collaborates with other service providers and offers assistance through a referral process. When necessary, KVC may provide a Family Preservation Drug & Alcohol Counselor for in-home substance abuse treatment.
KVC uses its unique family-centered practice model to create a family-driven treatment plan, facilitate strong engagement with all family members, and strengthen formal and informal support systems.
KVC offers intensive in-home services provided by caring, trained staff who diligently match the level of intervention to the level of need in the family.
- Initial Meeting – Upon referral, workers from both KVC and the Kansas Department for Children and Families will immediately schedule a meeting with your family to begin treatment planning.
- Ongoing Services – Your family will meet with the Family Preservation worker frequently and at times that meet your needs.
- 24/7 Crisis Support – Family Preservation Services are available to you and your family 24 hours a day.
- Family-centered services
- Parent Management Training
- Trauma Systems Therapy
- Motivational Interviewing
- Evidence-based assessment tools
- Home-based services
- 24/7/365 support
- Resource and referral
To learn more, visit the DCF website here or contact KVC Kansas at (913) 499-8100.